Sunday, September 13, 2009

BLOG 22 - Why not you

I was more interested now than ever to hear their story especially since I had just gotten off the phone with Tiffany. Before I could even tell Angie that I had spoke to Tiffany she told me that she gave her my cell and work number and that she was going to call me today. “Gotta go but I will meet you for drinks and lunch at Club Jewel’s at twelve thirty don’t be late” I said as my desk phone rang a second ring.

“Thanks for calling this is Devin how can I help you?” I said trying to get into my normal work routine. “Hey it’s me again I just had something that I needed to say to you before I forgot” she said talking and forgetting that I was at work. “I think you and Angie are going to have an affair or at least she wants to” she said making me feel like I was in grade school again. “Me and Angie are just good friends, what makes you think that”

I asked sensing a hint of jealousy in her voice. “I saw her facial expressions when she got your email and that shows that she wants to and you know you are feeling the same. She has already been with some of my other so called "friends" so why not you” she asked with a slight sense of disappointment. “So called friends like who,” I asked feeling like a fool when she answered “your friend Brian” as she paused to listen and read my reaction. “She probably thinks that I know about her husband, and I do but I can’t tell her that,” I thought quietly to my self. “I can’t prove it but I know that they had sex, there’s just something about Angie that just can't be trusted. “Your wife better look out” she said laughing to ease the tension of our conversation then she said “or maybe they are in cahoots.” The phone went silent as her cell phone dropped our call in the middle of her talking leaving my mind full of unanswered questions…


1 comment:

  1. So Tiffany knows about Angie and her extracurricular activities. Tiffany must be jealous of Angie or she wants Angie to herself. Otherwise, why did she feel the need to tell Devin that Angie wants him? Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete